CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Family Fun

Wow have things been busy around here! I am only three weeks away from Sarah-Kate's arrival now and I am getting really excited! We have everything I think we need to have and now we are just waiting on her to make her debut. In the meantime we have been trying to have some good ole family fun with the last fews days of being a family of three. So over the last few weeks, here's what we've been up to:

A Day Out With Thomas:

Caleb has gone crazy for Thomas the Tank Engine ever since his nephew Ethan gave him some of his old DVDs. Now, Caleb can't get enough of Thomas. So, one day when I was on the website I heard about the Day Out With Thomas that comes to Cordelle once a year and we decided to go. Caleb's Granma and Poppy joined us too and we had a great time! Caleb had a lot of fun riding on the train, going through the Hay maze, and seeing all the neat Thomas stuff. Here are some pictures of our day of fun!



S'Mores:

With Fall comes cooler wetaher and this is absolutely my favorite time of year! We mark the first cool night by having a fire outside in the Chiminea and making smores! Caleb loved it! We circled our chairs around the fire and cozzied up with a blanket and roasted marshmellows. Lizzie & Buddy (the dogs) liked smores too, Caleb realized. Some he found it was more fun to feed them than to eat them. It was some great family together time.

MC Buddies:

Recently, Brooks and I began hosting an MC- Missional Community at our house. We are really enjoying sharing this time with others and we have had the pleasure of really getting to Know Lane & Shaun McCulley. They have a little boy, David, who is acutually only 6 days younger than Caleb. Caleb and David are having so much fun playing together and getting to one another. Caleb calls him "Dabid" and they have such a good time playing together that they usually ended completly exhausted before the night is over. It is such a blessing to have this new opputunity in our lives and it is really good to open up and trust new people.

Halloween:

This year we had lots of Halloween fun! Brooks and I went and visited Caleb's school for his class Halloween party. I have never seen kids get so much sugar in all my life! Caleb was the last one to finish eating and kept eating long after the others were through. Later Caleb came up to the Union-recorder for the costume contest and his first taste of trick or treating. He has a new found love for grabing candy out of a bowl and devouring as much as possible. I think kids are just born with this natural instinct.
Later that night, we had a halloween party at my Mom & Dad's. It was so great to hang out with my sisters and enoy food and fun. Caleb went Trick or Treating to each door of the house and it was so hilarious how he would just come inside and starting grabbing candy out of the bowl and before the night was over he would even say "Trick Treat".
Here are some pics:



While I am getting really excited about Sarah-Kate debut, it does remind me how fast time has flown by with Caleb. I can not believe he'll be 2 in January. I just wish some times I could slow time down a little bit. It seems like it's just rushing away...all the more reason to take more pictures, plan more family fun, and enjoy every minute of life.

1 comments:

Carley said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures! They are too cute! I love the intensity in Caleb's face when he gets so into stuff :) Can't wait for Sarah Kate to be here! I'm ready to kiss her little cheeks!! :D