CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Taking the Doc's Advice

So, I had my last doctor's appointment yesterday. The doctor did advise me to go ahead with the c-section in light of several things:

1. The baby is not positioning herself for delivery. Her head is not in the pelvis.
2. I am not even remotely dialated.
3. The Doc thinks she is a pretty big baby

In light of this, she feels that I would probably end up with a section either way so rather than waiting, and just letting the baby get bigger and bigger. We are going ahead with the c-section on Monday. I am okay with it and my Doctor was very supportive and encouraging about repeat c-sections. She said she has one patient with 10 kids that had 10 c-sections. That's a little extreme for me, but at least I know that it is possible to have more than 3.

Now that the decisions been made. I am totally pysched about Monday! I cannot wait to meet my daugther! I am so anxious to see what she looks like, how much hair she has, how much she weighs, etc.

After my doctor's appointment yesterday, I went and got some much needed pampering. I got a manicure and pedicure and got my hair cut. It was so nice. Mom's usually have little time or money to do something for themselves. But I think it's important every once in a while to take care of ourselves.

I am also really excited about our MC fellowship night. We are getting together Saturday night for a game night. We'll be playing games and grilling hamburgers. I am really enjoying getting to know Lane & Sean in our MC. There son David and Caleb are only 6 days apart in age and they love to spend time together.

I feel so blessed about how much New City Church has been a blessing to me and my family. It has, in all honesty, changed my life. I think about the changes we've made this year and the people we've met. We are truly bleassed. I hope next year I can be more of a blessing to others. With the pregnancy and everything, I feel that I have been very self-consumed. I hope to spend next year giving more and taking less.

So, Sarah Kate will be born around 8:30 AM on Monday! I can't believe its almost here! I am so excited. Please continue your prayers for a happy, healthy baby and a safe delivery.

0 comments: